Friday, April 9, 2010

Where I lived, and what I lived for Respose


Thoreau, David Henry. (1854). What I lived, and what I lived for.

Henry David Thoreau essay, What I lived, and what I lived for is an excellent essay. He has many opinions and strong beliefs. I really liked his quote, "Why should we live in such a hurry and waste of time." I can totally agree with Thoreau, we all our full of rush and worries, everything must be at the snap of a finger. I believe what Thoreau is saying or asking in his essay, is why? Why is there that need to be in a hurry all the time, why can't we live and take our time? He makes many interesting points in his essay, and really brings it alive with his own personal opinions and experiences. His last paragraph was my favorite. Thoreau states, "if we are alive, let us go about our business." He is basically stating, there is no need for gossip, rushed of time, and worries. Life is about more than that, as Thoreau says, "live this mean life that we do because our vision does not penetrate the surface of things." Life is about finding happiness and not wasting your precious time on the little things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment